One Skillet White Chicken Chili Bake
Submitted by Shannon D., Edmonton
Original recipe by Half Baked Harvest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 3 poblano peppers
- 2 jalapeños
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 8-10 boneless chicken thighs
- 4-6 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- 1/2 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, jalapenos, poblano peppers, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook 5-10 minutes, until very fragrant.
- Add the chicken, then stir in 4 cups broth. Season with more salt and pepper. Partially cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Melt the cream cheese in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred using 2 forks.
- Stir in the cream cheese until smooth, then stir in the shredded chicken, white beans, salsa verde, and cheddar cheese.
- Cook 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Ladle the chili into bowls.
- Shredded cheese
- Lime zest
- Sour cream
- Tostada crisps
- Tortilla strips