Stump Kitchen’s Chili Recipe (GF, Vegan)
Submitted by Alexis Hillyard, (@stump_kitchen), Edmonton
Oil for pan
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1-2 yellow, orange, or red peppers, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed (1 cm)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 heaping cup frozen sweet corn 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup veggie broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon salt + pepper to taste
- Knife + cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- 1 cup liquid measuring cup
- Can opener
- Large pot + stirring spoon
- Strainer for beans
- Peeler for carrots
- Chop onion, garlic, carrot, peppers, sweet potato, and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt + pepper. Stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add veggie broth, crushed tomatoes, corn, chickpeas, kidney beans, and black beans. Stir for about 30 seconds.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a gentle simmer for about 30 minutes so the flavours can come together.
- Serve with a lime wedge, sour cream, cheese, and sliced green onions. Yum!
Love this recipe? Follow Alexis and Stump Kitchen on YouTube, Instagram, and more!